Monday, July 14, 2008

(p)CUBED

(p)^3 Stands for Pan Parag prof...
this is what i call the guy who apparently taught me a course in my second sem at bits .i still remember the day when i first saw him,thought he was an assistant .But to my and all my batch mates dismay i found out that he was the guy who would teach programming.I personally was stunned .how can he teach me "programming"?,but i decided to be unbiased and give him a chance but as time progressed my fears were confirmed ,he hardly knew anything outside the text book and he couldn't explain even that because he would split a single sentence into 10 incoherent words.One day he had brought his CD to the class ,it had the slides he was supposed to put up on the projector ,but the cd wouldn't work ,he kept making futile attempts to make the cd work.
He gave the wall between the two green-boards which was were the slides were supposed to be shown one ugly look and turned back not knowing what to do ."HEY YOU TWO THERE"he said.he had spotted two unsuspecting students talk."huh!i can target these 2 students till i figure out what to do ",he must have thought."First of all this CD-rom is stucking-stucking and irritate me .You also irritate me aaa?"The student's being wiser than him understood that it was a rhetorical question .
At that point of time i had a strong,mad urge to jump up and down and laugh ,laugh till i could no more, but i knew that even if i had managed to gather the courage to do that the laughter would have been alloyed with disgust,disgust at fact that this guy was considered fit to be teaching to a lecture theatre with 200 odd students in it in one of the best institutes in india.That disgust only grew when i decided to study on my own from the books.It was one of the few times in my life when i was blown away by reading something technical,I just loved it ..the bits,bytes,op-codes,assembly language,a series of ones and zero which would tell the pc to do something you want it to.It was beautiful would be an understatement

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hmm...the professor's english seems to make the class atleast entertaining haan....

 
>