Thursday, May 22, 2008

I was coming in an auto after having purchased some books.I had to get my eye-sight checked and my specs made.It had been 4 months since i visited hyderabad.I had been used to peaceful life in the campus and all the pollution in hyderabad was too much to bear.The auto driver took a short cut.I and the driver had decided on a price as his meter was not working.Now i realised my folly because the driver would now take me through claustrophobic streets to save his petrol.The driver had to display his adroitness in maneuvering his auto without colliding with any vehicle.I would not help but notice the bustling life in that small,crowded street.vehicle horns ,vendors shouting,people bargaining,dogs barking and so many other sounds merged together and needless to say the result was cacophonous.i put my ipod on and eerily saw the auto driver drive like a juggernaut.i knew there was no point in me telling him to slow down.i tried to concentrate on the song playing and acted as if i was nonchalant .Finally after half and hour i reached the destination.The first thing i did after getting down was to thank god for the safe trip.I have started learning how to drive just to feel more safe when i am travelling.

1 comment:

RaSh said...

Well life in the campus is surely different (And in many ways, better) than the city life. Infact pollution & traffic is minimal in Goa, unlike Delhi (or Hyderabad) where there are more vehicles than the total population!

Though there's a slight difference in Hyderabad & Delhi: Here we need to remind the auto wala to drive faster! :)

Keep Blogging!

 
>