Friday, April 25, 2008

chemistry blues

chemistry has always been a mystery to me. i have always found the subject very boring . i mean why the hell should i know that white phosphorous is used to make rat killers!i discussed my difficulty with one of my friends who was doing very well in chemistry,he replied very sharly "dude you dont have the attitude needed for learning chemistry".i just looked at him and asked"you mean aptitude ?" , "no,no you should have attitude only ra for chemistry you should not use your aptitude"I had to put his advice to practice the next sem but then i just realized that i wont have to do chemistry next sem .Chemistry ,however did teach me one thing - innovation .how is that ?consider this for example -one day before the chemistry test1 exam i was reading with my friend maya(male):)i was having trouble byhearting the electrochemical series which goes something like this-
I,Br,s,cl,No3,F,OH,Etoh,oxolate,H2O,EDTA,NH3 AND PYRIDINE,ETHYLENE DIAMMINE,DIPYRIDYL,O-PHENANTHROLINE,NO2,CN,CO.(in ascendin order).(some of the compounds are negative ions but i had skip that detail here)
I sincerely shared my problem with him.He then went deep into contemplation and came out with a brilliant solution-i bro school no luck oh Etoh ox idiot. I had to emit some words from the original line due obvious reasons :)but with the help of the above line i can now remember the electrochemical series!innovative indeed!
consider another example-
spin motion of electrons causes paramagnetism ,orbital motion of electrons causes diamagnestism .I then came up with this idea -SP subramanyam.S for spin and P for paramagnetism.
Anyway this is my personal opinion about chemistry.no offence intended.!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

very good post..extremely well written.......

 
>