Wednesday, May 6, 2009

50th post

this is my 50th post .my half century :)
i thought i would write some philosophical poem which would make me look "intelligent,intellectual,attractive",but then why give you a false idea?
and besides i am realizing the value of keeping things simple

so i will instead share an experience that i had some months ago.

As usual i woke up at 10am or something like that and decided to go the institute cafeteria to have breakfast .
while walking from the hostel to the cafeteria i kept imagining the masala dosa and mazza combo i would have .
But alas !no masala dosa.
even more shocking ! no plain dosa !
but because of all the soham and sowhat , i could face the situation with equanimity
"which god-forsaken place i have ended up in ?!!!,cant even have proper breakfast"was my immediate reaction
the only thing available was non-edible upma and dahi vada .
i chose dahi-vada .
the guy at the counter put 2 tiny brown balls in a plate ,covered it a spoon of dahi ,handed it over to me with a smile and charged me 15 bugs for that !!!
"bakodia institute of technology and science will have better food options than this yaar ",i kept grumbling in my mind as i took my seat .

but another punch !
the dahi vada was delicious.yes it actually was.
my effort to get up and walk so far was worth it !
my commitment to get up early in the morning was now paying rich dividends
what a great start to a day!
dahi vada rocks.life rocks.

while walking back it came to me in an epiphany that i would pass by the library .
i stopped walking.
i started thinking.
should i or shouldn't i ?
Is it within my range of socially,morally acceptably behaviour to enter the library at 11 in the morning and study a "subject ".????
the answer on a normal day would have been NO.
but today was different.today i had Dahi Vada.
I took the plunge .sometime in life you just have to .There is no choice.
I entered the library .
I felt a little hazy ,like in a trance.
I remembered that to get a text book issued, one had to go the counter where a sarcastic librarian sat ,give him the id card and chant the name of the book.
I took my id card out and deep breath in and started walking to the counter.
A walk to remember.

The librarian was working on the computer.
It was all very eerie.

Then what happened next will remain a extremely embarrassing incident in my life.
A remainder of what deviating from the socially acceptable behaviour can do

"one plate dahi vada",i said in the library counter.
the librarian stopped working.
he was shocked.he was non-plussed.
never in his 30 year career had any student asked him for dahi vada .
but i did it.
he looked at me in the eye.
it was too late . the damage had been done.
i turned and left ,the library to the cafeteria.
:)


have u done anything that can match this degree of stupidity ?
let me know

4 comments:

Abhi said...

Actually I had expected the other way around with you!!! I had expected you to go up to the cafeteria and ask for a Text book :)

Arkimedz said...

ha ha ! :) keep it up !

Utkarsh Sinha said...

"but then why give you a false idea?"

That is a deeply thought out false statement. *points*

Unknown said...

ha ha funny!!!!!!

 
>