Sunday, June 29, 2008

In a month's time i will be back in bits .I am really looking forward to meeting my ju's there .It just reminds me of my experience with the registration process i had to go through a year ago.
I had gone to the institute dome to get my hostel room allotted along with my friend.We were greeted by a bengali prof who was sitting before a Dabba(p.c).I gave him all my forms and the offer letter i got and aked him if it was possible for me and my friend to get adjacent or opposite rooms to which he said"NO NO..the compppputerrr decides.you see here everything is randomized".I had a strong urge to laugh at his accent and his "everything is random here concept" but i knew better.Me and my friend ,anil took our allotment slips and went to hostel-ch5 .There i completed the formalities and and was given a slip and was asked to keep it safely.The next day when i came back i found out much to my horror that i had all the papers except the one that mattered .I went and asked a senior student who was helping out the officials in the admission process(i later understood why ,he was going to contest for the elections )if i could get another copy?he blankly said"NO.if you dont have that slip you wont be given admission".within a span of 2 minutes after that sentence was uttered i must have suffered 3-4 mini heart attacks."OH my god i have not applied for any other colleges"was the first thought that had entered my mind.The beautiful campus did'nt seem good anymore.The next day while was i walking looking like a terminally ill patient on the road to ch-5 from nescafe i heard anil shout "harsha! harsha!".I turned back and saw him with a wet peice of paper.The smile on his face told me what it was and i let out a huge sigh of relief.The previous night when i was getting onto the cab to go back the paper had slipped from my file and had fallen into a narrow passage made for the rain water to go down .It stayed there the whole night and had enjoyed the goan weather while i was pacing around restlessly trying to figure out a solution!

2 comments:

RaSh said...

lol
Well we all are glad you found that paper.. :)

Oh n I'm getting so bored at home.. Want to go back asap! I miss campus! :(

Harsha Vardhan M.V said...

i am not getting bored here but want to go back to the campus as well:)

 
>